Fairly difficult to aproach, but beautiful natural cave, where the archaeological remains from the Neolithic and Early Bronze Age periods were found
On the north side of the island is the settlement Oključna, and at the foot of this settlement is the bay of the same name. The bay is fairly well protected by a natural breakwater, with several fishing lodges and a pebble beach. The beach can be reached by boat or gravel road from the settlement Oključna.
There is a baroque chapel of Saint Anthony di Padua, in the village, built in 1714. It was built as a family chapel by Frano Viskovic on his property.
Close to the village, there is a natural landmark – Kraljičina špilja (Queen’s Cave) – about one-hour walk along the narrow path to the west. It was named thanks to a legend that said it was home to the Illyrian Queen Teuta, who ruled in 3-2 century BC. This queen, as ancient writers testify, ruled over the central Adriatic, and, on several occasions, besieged the Greek city of Issa, the present-day town of Vis.
The opening of the entrance to the cave is just over 2 m high and almost 3 m wide. The ambience of this cave is “royal” – made up of 5 halls and canals connecting them, with a total length of 60 m. Some of the cave passages have not been fully explored yet. Access to the cave is the best from the direction of the village Oključna.
Location: Oključna can be reached by car from Vis (6 km distance) and from Komiža (13 km distance), but also by a marked hiking trail from Komiža.